I am a painter, mainly working in acrylics. I like to create quiet paintings, most of them have a tension about them. I'm interested in working with the figure, light and color. While, my own personal narrative is put into my paintings, it is not my goal to necessarily get that story across, so long as the viewer feels some sort of emotion to take away with him.

While I'm primarily an acrylic painter, I like to dabble in other mediums including pastels, oil paints, colored pencils, and even some lithographs and block prints.

Monday, May 16, 2011

Re-working

For a while now, I've been playing with the idea of painting in oil over some of my acrylic works. I finally did just that and really was pleased with the improvement in color of my paintings. I've reworked my piece "Wishing Well' and will have new photos up very soon.

Also!
I'll be hanging work at Paris in Plantsville for the "Ladies Night" all female artist show. The opening is June 18th, 7-10:30 pm.
Here is a link to the Paris In Plantsville site...
http://parisinplantsville.com/
and the facebook page that has more events and details.
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=145194632205135&id=512078727#!/ParisInPlantsvilleGalleryandStudio?sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment